To sum it up quickly… This was a big year. My health, tennis, relationships, writing, future, family, faith, and passions became much clearer. The next twelve months have a lot in store; but for now, here are twenty important things that I learned this year.
1. A relationship with God in the most important thing that we could ever have or work on.
2. Friends come and go, which makes family even more valuable.
3. We are always growing, and we should be gentle with ourselves.
4. We make our own decisions, and at the end of the day, we have to own them.
5. If you can go to bed and be proud of the way you acted and treated others, it doesn’t matter what people think of you.
6. A healthy lifestyle is about so much more than clean eating——it’s the way you love and support yourself along the way.
7. Hard work gets the job done.
8. True friends will support you when you are working on making better decisions for yourself.
9. Not everyone will agree with every decision we make, and that’s okay.
10. God supplies constant and unending joy, and no one can ever take it away from us.
11. Our passions aren’t random.
12. It’s always okay to dress with style.
13. Helping others is always more fulfilling than receiving any kind of gift.
14. If you want to get something done, you have to do it yourself.
15. There’s no reason to wait on a dream; there are ways to start working on it now.
16. No one can take away the core elements that make up who we are.
17. It’s normal to be sad about not being able to go back to certain times in the past.
18. We can set goals at any time of the year and work towards a better version of ourselves; we don’t have to wait until New Year’s Eve.
19. Everyone we encounter can teach us something.
20. Having multiple creative outlets is a good thing; they keep us sane.